[Asterisk-Users] Newbie question - can't get Asterisk to pick up incoming call

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu Jan 20 10:15:13 MST 2005

Okay, I'm going to preface this by saying I'm sure I've overlooked something
really basic here.  I just need someone to hit me with a clue stick and
point out what I'm missing.

I've got a TDM card with four FXO modules.  I've plugged one of them into a
PSTN line.  I'm working through the examples in the Asterisk Documentation
Project guide, but I can't get Asterisk to answer the line.  I don't get any
diagnostics on the Asterisk console when the line rings (should I?)  Here
are my config files:

/etc/zaptel.conf:
fxsls=1-4
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:
[channels]
language=en
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxs_ls
channel => 1-4

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:
[default]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Playback(goodbye)
exten => s,3,Hangup()

The zaptel and wctdm modules are loaded.  ztcfg -vv gives this output:
Zaptel Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels configured.

What am I missing, here?