[Asterisk-Users] monitoring packet loss?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Thu Jan 20 08:44:18 MST 2005

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to somehow monitor/log packet loss and/or jitter in
> RTP? I want to know how things look if someone complains about audio.

ethereal can do some of this for rtp, I think. At the very least, if the
endpoint supports RTCP (most do, except for asterisk), it can show you
the contents of the RTCP RRs, which should contain this information.

Getting this stuff into asterisk would be in bug 2532, bug 2863, and bug
3236. [and not just getting stats, but actually improving quality under
these conditions].

-SteveK