[Asterisk-Users] Some more hardware and E1 questions

Daniel Nyström daniel.nystrom at westel.se
Thu Jan 20 06:25:00 MST 2005

Hi again folks! ;)

As before, I will transform one E1 30 Channel PRI into 30 FXS channels using Adit 600.

Now I'm into choosing server platform. And the two opponents are:
 * Dell PowerEdge 750 w/ SCSI RAID (or even SATA RAID1)
 * FujistuSiemens PRIMERGY RX100 S2 (SATA RAID1)

As I've seen people having problem with HP server, I havn't looked at it at all.

What experience do you have with the alternatives above? Which would you recommend?

And another question at the same time; what's really E1?
How is E1 devices connected? Seems like regular Cat5 cables, but it problably ian't?
If anyone's using Adit 600, did they send all cables required for connecting to the FXS channels? Seems like a very unique "plug" on the side of Adit.

Thanks!

BR
Daniel Nyström