[Asterisk-Users] How to change the packet size

Keith Burns kburns at porchlightcom.com
Wed Jan 19 19:04:05 MST 2005

Just beware of the effects of changing sample size for any codec.

We found that a sample size of "2" for G.711 (ie 2x20ms) allowed for
pretty robust interoperability between vendors. Not specifically with
Asterisk, but we did find that using a mixed CPE/gw environment with a
couple of Call Agent vendors that Smartbits PSQM scores varied wildly
with changed sample sizes but 2 samples yielded pretty consistent
multi-vendor results.