[Asterisk-Users] Fax and PRI

Jon Radon jonr800 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:06:02 MST 2005

I use a Multi-Tech Multimodem ZPX and a Sipura SPA-2000 along with
Hylafax.  On the Asterisk end I'm using X100P's.  This has worked
flawlessly for me thus far.  Some tips of my success.

1.)  Fax detect on the Sipura breaks faxing.  Strange, I know.
2.)  Tuning your txgain and rxgain both on the Sipura and on the
Zaptel line is imperative.

Originally with this setup I was getting all kinds of bad frames.
After tweaking my faxes are squeaky clean.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:09:28 -0600, jjones at quiddesign.com
<jjones at quiddesign.com> wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2005, at 10:03 AM, Peer Oliver Schmidt wrote:

> > [..]
>
> I have had great success connecting FAX machines to analog ports of
> directly connected channel banks (Adit600). This configuration uses *
> as an old fashioned TDM switch. I have one machine which gets very
> heavy use with 20+ page transmissions and is very stable.
>
> ATAs do have issues.

Is it something someone said, was it something someone said?