[Asterisk-Users] E911 Testing !

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Wed Jan 19 15:05:37 MST 2005

The PBX craging can happen on any system. Most key system don't have UPSs or battery backups. The larger ones do but the smalll 4 x 8 systems usually don't. The best practice would be to install a POTS line and adjust your dialplan to route 911 calls out the line. I would also add several line powered phones in paralell to that line. Call them powerfail phones and that's it.

You can get fancy and have the main number route to that number upon power failure.