[Asterisk-Users] Best Grandstream firmware to use?

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:38:34 MST 2005

> about buggy firmware I want to know what I'm getting into before upping past
> my current 1.0.5.11.    It's relatively stable, and the last thing I want to
> do is update to a flaky firmware....

I don't know why, and Grandstream *swears* I'm the only one having
this problem, but I am "stuck" with 5.11 which works fine but lacks a
few improvements that have been incorporated into later versions.

After 5.11, my phone simply will not do a DNS lookup, neither for NTP
nor for SIP server. I need DNS lookup for SIP because the server is on
a dynamic ip for the moment. Until I can use a fixed SIP server ip, I
won't be able to move past 5.11 since GS seems to have given up on
helping me.