[Asterisk-Users] REALTIME and VARIABLES

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Wed Jan 19 06:00:44 MST 2005

Hello Dominique,

D> How are you using the variables in your realtime table?

D> Note that you will need to specify variables with the following syntax:
D> SIP/${ARG1}|${ARG2} and not SIP/${ARG1},${ARG2} as in extensions.conf

well the problem just shows if I use a variable as an extension, like
in the example

No realtime:

[globals]

IPPHONES=_3XX

[sip]

exten=>${IPPHONES},1,Answer

all ok!

With realtime:

[globals]

IPPHONES=_3XX

[sip]

switch=>Realtime/sip

"exten=>${IPPHONES},1,Answer" in the table

it does not work anymore,${IPPHONES} is not solved as _3XX.

If I change in table ${IPPHONES} with _3XX all returns normal.

So my conclusion is that variables can not be used as extensions in
realtime contexts, the actually work for all the other usual purposes
anyway.

--
Best regards,
 Alessio                            mailto:afoc at interconnessioni.it