[Asterisk-Users] Is anybody using an IAXy?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Wed Jan 19 03:12:40 MST 2005

>>> Tried that too, ... still not working!!
>>> Any other hints?
>>>

>>> bye
>>>
>>> Ronald
>>>

>> Please post your entire iaxyprov.conf and iax.conf.  Also, whist is
>> the actual problem with the iaxy?  I don't see the problem, you just
>> say you get a dialtone.
>

> When provision an IAXy successfully, what should be the response shown
> on the screen?

a few lines of info (hex numbers) followed by:
Provisioning is 45 bytes
Total packet is 59 bytes
Got response back from '192.168.250.112'

My problem was:

1. I used the public IP address, but with the statements  "server: ..."
and "altserver: ..." you can put in both addresses (internal and
external) ==> that magically turned on the orange light inside of the
IAXy !!!

2. I had a faulty analog phone which gave me errors like "no such
context 99 at default"  I had no such context in iax.conf
==> Changing the phone made it workable now!!!

bye

Ronald