[Asterisk-Users] # Transfers.

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Tue Jan 18 22:32:15 MST 2005

So I have read and read and read... google is my friend and the wiki is
by brother...

However, I am still unclear on what the preferred method of using the
pound sign is.

If the Pound sign is set aside for Transfer.. Then when I make an
outbound call to my bank I can not "Enter my PIN followed by Pound"

Likewise if I turn off the ability to transfer when initiating a call,
my bank pin works great, however I loose that ability to call park the
person I called
So I can pass the call to someone else in the office.

Conf file for park
[parkedcalls]
exten => 70,1,Answer
exten => 70,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten =>
70,3,ParkAndAnnounce(PARKED,10,SIP/${DIALED-EXTEN}|ext-local,${DIALED-EX
TEN},1)
exten => 70,4,Hangup
exten => _7X[1-9],1,ParkedCall(${EXTEN})

So I could adopt the doublehash patch. but it does not seam to be
something to make the CVS. therefore I have to patch patch patch
repeatedly.

What is everyone else using.

If pound pound is not something "Mark the asterisk God" does not wish to
add to CVS, would something like the following work

# would work as normal "Conduct a pound transfer"

However *#, or *## would send a Pound in DTMF to the called party.

This way it will keep the Pound Transfer in tact.

Anyways I ramble, I am anxious to see how others much brighter than I
have solved this issue.

ron