[Asterisk-Users] Hardware Requirement & Setup

Carlex P. Crespo carlex.crespo at spectrum.ph
Tue Jan 18 21:15:41 MST 2005

Dear All,

We are currently using a MESEI 100D PABX system which we are currently
leasing from a local telco for 60 months.  Part of the restrictions in
the lease is that we are not allowed to install a PSTN line from another
telco. We would like to maximize the use of third-party PSTN lines by
installing them to the PBX system but the restriction is holding our
freedom. Our lease agreement is about to end in 12 months and I am
looking for an alternative system that is more efficient and flexible.

With much information I have read about Asterisk of how it could compete
with or out perform other PABX available in the market today, I would
like to propose an Asterisk PABX project to my boss. I would like to ask
for any idea on what hardware should I purchase to implement an Asterisk
solution. Below is our current setup:

Local PSTN Lines:                       Telco A  -  6
Foreign Exchange PSTN Lines:    Telco A - 3
                                                    Telco B - 1
Internal Lines:    50

Basically, our requirement would be a 10 x 50 PBX system. Other features
such as VoIP would possibly be included in the setup. I've been looking
for any diagram that shows an example of  an Asterisk solution that has
been implemented that looks similar to our requirement but I don't see
any in the WIKI's and TIKI's I have visited on the internet. I would
really appreciate any information you could provide on how I could
implement this setup.  Thank you very much and more power to all.

Regards,

Carlex