[Asterisk-Users] Router Recommendations Please

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Tue Jan 18 19:01:51 MST 2005

Hello all,

We've discovered that VoIP (IAX2) + Citrix + Video is pegging the measly
CPU on the Netopia router our ISP provided. We've got 3Mb/3Mb and will
increase to 4/4 next year.

The Netopia simply breaks out our WAN IPs, and we've got a switch hooked up
to it on the inside (Actually I've got a QoS box in-between).

-------------
| Internet  |
|  on Cat5  |
-------------

-------------
| Netopia   |
-------------

-------------
| QoS Bridge |
--------------

----------------------
| switch for WAN IPs |
----------------------
  |              |  |
--------------
| LAN Switch |
--------------

Any recommendations on something that isn't as pricey as Cisco? I'm in
discussions about us building Linux units down the line, but for now we
need something we can buy. Cisco is too expensive for us.

TIA!

Ron Senykoff
Systems Architect / Developer
HarrisLogic Inc.