[Asterisk-Users] Newbie question: Can't start up asterisk

Denis Galvão - iSolve denis at isolve.com.br
Tue Jan 18 16:49:24 MST 2005

Em Ter 18 Jan 2005 21:27, beonice escreveu:
> That _seems_ to be a possibility. But I'm not really
> sure. I made sure that there is a symbolic link in
> /usr/bin to mpg123 ... the actual version is in
> /usr/local/bin.
>
> Thanks. By the way, I accidentally created a new post
> with the details of the output instead of responding
> to  Matt's question right here ... but here is the
> output again:

Did you install mpg123 from source!? Or you're using a distro native
version!?

You have to get the mpg123 from its website and then get it compiled to your
suystem.

From AMP manual:

----SNIP----
Some linux distros have replaced the mpg123 application with another
application, mpg321, and created a symbolic link to "mpg123", so it seems
to work in the same way. Asterisk MusicOnHold only works with original
mpg123.

        - Remove the symbolic links mpg123 located in /usr/bin
and /usr/local/bin:
        - rm /usr/bin/mpg123
        - rm /usr/local/bin/mpg123
        - Then install mpg123 from http://www.mpg123.de