[Asterisk-Users] Hardware Suggestions (Newbie)

Seth Wereska sethslists at productivemedia.com
Tue Jan 18 12:00:21 MST 2005

I plan on integrating * into our current POTS environment, first as
voicemail / IVR and then branching into voip. I just receive a TDM04B (to
use with 4 extensions on our current PBX), but the mother board I ordered I
placed got canceled.

This gives me the opportunity to solicit suggestions on MB / chip sets that
work well with *.

I plan on starting with the Xorcom package and customizing as necessary from
there.

Future TDM cards are likely, as is VOIP from a few (less than 10) home
offices.

I'd like to fit this into an existing ATX enclosure, and as a matter of
personal preference I like AMD over intel, but I'm willing to be convinced.

Can any of you offer suggestions as to hardware (specifically MB / Chip /
Memory) that works well in this situation?

Thanks in advance,

--Seth