[Asterisk-Users] Delay after Dial Application is Called

Brian J. Rathman brian at strata-com.com
Tue Jan 18 10:45:22 MST 2005

I just recently loaded a new Asterisk server running the CVS code from 12/3/04. I have been running a previous CVS version without any problems from 6/5/04. On the new server I have noticed an issue where when I place a call from one of my snom 190 phones, I see immediatly as I should:

-- Executing Dial("SIP/7708189999-e457", "SIP/16789999999 at 6.2.1.2|240|T") in new stack

then there is a 20 second delay before I see:

-- Called 16789999999 at 6.2.1.2

This delay does not exist on my older server. I would assume that there have been significant changes to the Dial application since June, but does anyone know of a parameter I can tweak to fix this?

Thanks for your help,
Brian