[Asterisk-Users] fax over tdm400p

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue Jan 18 10:20:10 MST 2005

On 2005.01.18 09:03 Jean-Denis Girard wrote:
> Andrew Kohlsmith a écrit :

>> I can now send faxes just fine, but I cannot for the life of me get
>> reliable fax reception, nor can I get the stamp machine to work
>> well.  I took out the T100P so there was only one TDM card in the
>> machine (in case there was a problem with interrupts or something)
>> but that was not the problem.  There is just something about either
>> the TDM400P card itself or its driver which makes fax reception (and
>> modem communications to a greater extent) unreliable.
>>
>> As I said, fax transmission works great.  Weird eh?

I just had Andrew send me a fax, too, and they are perfect, no ECM
frame retransmissions whatsoever.

I have the same reception troubles with this configuration:

   POTS -> X100P -> Asterisk -> SPA-2000 -> Modem -> HylaFAX

Sending works nearly perfect.  It's the receiving that is a pain.

> The situation is opposite here: I have a Philips fax connceted to an
> fxs port of a TDM31B, and receiving from the fax to * with rxfax
> works great, while transmitting with txfax *never* works...

Well, txfax/rxfax is not exactly what we're talking about here.

Lee.