[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk monitoring with Nagios and IAX

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:23:17 MST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:07:08 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> Does anyone have a lead on a Nagios plugin that speaks IAX or a small
> app to do so? I'm trying to set up remote monitoring for my Asterisk
> server and only IAX2 traffic is allowed through the firewall.

I don't believe it has been done yet. There is a small Nagios plugin
out there but it doesn't do much. We have a very large Nagios
installation and I have been struggling to find time to write some
Asterisk plugins. I would be interested in helping out (though my IAX
knowledge is limited). Also, RoyK on IRC is very involved in the
Nagios and Asterisk communities. I'm sure he could be a resource.

-Chuji