[Asterisk-Users] Will queueing only work after answering a call?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Tue Jan 18 04:02:45 MST 2005

Hi!

I would like to implement the easiest and most simple form of a queue for
my home PBX.

I have several phones, and some of them may be unavailble or disconnected
for various reasons. Currently if one of the phones in the dialplan are
disconnected * will transfer the call to voicemail immediately.

For this reason I would like to implement a simple queue with ringall
strategy but, the wiki says that * answers the call first.

In Holland calls are not free and a connection charge applies which means
that every party calling us will be billed for the called even if we are
not at home.

Can call queue be used without answering the call first, to keep my
friends and relatives happy :)

All of the examples and docs in the Wiki are based on corporate use and
will answer the call first.

In case anyone would have an example config of such use of the queues
I would be most grateful :)

Thanks!! Remco