[Asterisk-Users] VoIP Routes and Terminations

lonnie at outstep.com lonnie at outstep.com
Mon Jan 17 22:33:51 MST 2005

Hello All,

I have been trying to do a lot of reading and researching while still
being very new to the VoIP arena so I will appreciata any and all help
that you may wish to provide.

In my research I have come actross the idea of VoIP routes and
terminations but am not exactly clear on them. Could some one please
comment more?

There seems to be a internet traffic with various VoIP services talking
about how people can start their own business and set up route and
terminations.

My goal is to set up an online VoIP service like this one that I have just
found called Skype but not as large of course.

I do plan to pick up the Asterisk development kit to get a feel for
things, but what else do one need to get the basic business up and
running?

I wish to find a Howto on the basic equipment, software, some initial
expenses even for a small operation, Trabas billing, Asterisk engine, and
I would guess that I would have to get some connections with existing
services so that I could offer national and international rates as well.

Thanks for all of the help so far and I will keep reading and trying to
put together my game plan.

Regards,
Lonnie