[Asterisk-Users] spandsp and app_txfax

Nir Simionovich nirs at dimitel.com
Mon Jan 17 17:51:41 MST 2005

Hi all,

  Ok, I've been bashing my head for a few hours now on this, trying to
figure out if I've
done something wrong, but everything seems to me hunky-dory. So here's the
deal:

1. I've compiled the spandsp 0.0.2pre10 source code successfully and also
the asterisk
    application associated with it.

2. Receiving a fax at asterisk works fine, at least appears to be working
fine.

3. Sending an outgoing fax from asterisk to the world doesn't work. The
sending out and
    receiving is performed via an E1 interface, not VoIP.

  Has anyone got experience with this package? I really don't want to go
back to hylafax
which is a serious overkill.

Nir S