[Asterisk-Users] Echo on SIP -- not on analog.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Mon Jan 17 14:41:22 MST 2005

Okay, I'm stumped.  When I call the PSTN (through POTS lines), my analog
phone phone works fine.  My SIP phones -- a Grandstream and a Polycom --
have major echo; roughly a .25 second delay.  Eventually, it goes away,
which I guess is echo cancellation in action.  But, dammit, why does my
analog phone work fine?  I've tried myriad CODECs, and various echo
cancellation settings, to no avail.  Can anyone give me an idea of what
I should be checking?  [Note that internal calls work fine.]

Thanks,

-Ken