[Asterisk-Users] Media Path Optimization & NAT

Adam Sherman adam at sherman.ca
Mon Jan 17 14:25:50 MST 2005

(This message is not a dumb NAT question!)

I have a bunch of setups where an Asterisk system with a public IP
doubles as a router/gateway/firewall for a set of phones on a private
network.

We're using external SIP providers.

Everything works quite nicely.

Now, I would very much like to remove the "canreinvite=no" from the
provider's definition on sip.conf, but doing so causes Asterisk to send
a re-invite to the provider pointing to a private IP. I thought that
correct localnet entries would solve this...

Is what I'm after even possible? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for your help,

A.