[Asterisk-Users] Any interest in a Canadian Asterisk mailing list?

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Mon Jan 17 10:23:43 MST 2005

Gyrion, Larry M. wrote:
> I believe the US and Canada use the same methods for voice
> services, maybe we could make it a North America list serv
> instead.  Just some thoughts here

I see the value of regional lists primarily as relates to non-technical
items such as local service providers, regulatory issues, and so forth.

For the technical stuff, I much prefer the single list. I don't mind at
all reading about POTS lines in the UK, or the joys of ISDN in the EU.
Maybe one day the sheer volume of messages will make that untenable, but
for now I love the international flavour of the list.

As VoIP becomes ubiquitous, the value of regional lists might be less
and less relevant.

Jim.