[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to ID payphone calls?

David Boyd dboyd at fullmoonsoft.com
Mon Jan 17 10:21:29 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 11:11, Jess Coburn wrote:
> Hello I have a 800 DID setup to dial into my Asterisk server and I'm
> wondering if it's possible to ID when it's a payphone or not?  I
> suspect it's not since I'm getting calls from someone else's SIP or
> IAX box.
>
> If I had a digium card installed and connected to a couple lines would
> I be able to get this information and parse it?
>
> Thanks,
> Jess

At the risk of not being thorough enough and then being corrected!

Jess, information indicator digits are made available when using a t-1
with feature group d like setup or on  a PRI also setup like a Feature
group D.  I say like only because in most circumstances here in the US
II's are not part of the original setup and you have to request to have
them added by the carrier.  In PRI, with an ATT switch they are
generally made available through the use of Codeset 6 and are pre-pended
to the ANI of the calling party.  If MF separated by KP ST or DTMF
delivery then separated by asterisk sign.

Hope this helps!

Dave