[Asterisk-Users] DIAX 0.9.9g more features and higher stability

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Mon Jan 17 08:51:25 MST 2005

Denis Galvão - iSolve wrote:

>Two more information:
>
>1. I've played with all suported codecs, same problems for all of them.
>
>2. After aprox. 1 minute of conversation the delay problem doesn't occur, or
>better, it is very less(some miliseconds) than the begining(10 seconds) of
>a call.
>
>Any ideas!?

Yes, it sounds like there's a discontinuity in the timestamps when you
set up your call, but it seems Dan can't reproduce this.

The fix is probably:

a) The jitterbuffer needs to be reset after the transfer, or
b) The timestamps sent need to be reset after the transfer.
c) Some changes to the jitterbuffer to automatically reset when it sees
this kind of discontinuity.

(c can probably be combined with a and/or b).

I forget if you tried setting "notransfer=yes" on asterisk to see what
that does?

What would really help, though, is a packet trace of the call.   The
best way to get this is to use either ethereal or tcpdump.  (there is an
ethereal for windows).

If you use ethereal for Windows, have it capture all udp, make the call,
and have it stay up for about 30 seconds, and save the file.   You can
then send that file to me, and I'll be able to see what's going on a lot
better than guessing here..

-SteveK