[Asterisk-Users] Does Asterisk do that?

Robert Spielmann spielmann at tal.de
Mon Jan 17 03:35:11 MST 2005

Am Montag, 17. Januar 2005 11:26 schrieb Alberto Martínez:
> Hello.
>
> I have just arrived to Asterisk. I would like to know if Asterisk can
> perform some functionalities I am looking for.
>
> I want to allow voip over sip to some users. All of them must have
> their own user name and password to login to Asterisk so only allowed
> users can login. All calls started by users have to be redirected to
> one account at our voip provider. I think those functionalities can be
> covered with Asterisk but I would like to confirm it.

Yes, that's possible.

> We are interested too in having a real-time control of callings,
> knowing which calls are actives, its time and other datas. Is there
> anyway to have this information with Asterisk? We are interested y
> having it by consulting some files, for example, with a little piece
> of software we develop.
>
> We need to be able to finish a call by software, when certains
> conditions are accomplished. Can we do that with Asterisk?

For the above 2 cases, look at the Asterisk Manager API, described for example
at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Manager+API

Have fun and good luck!

Robert Spielmann
TAL.DE  Klaus Internet Service GmbH  spielmann at tal.de
Robertstr. 6        *      D-42107 Wuppertal, Germany
Tel +49 (0) 202 495-364  *  Fax +49 (0) 202 / 495-399