[Asterisk-Users] quadBRI asterisk error message message: "not able to open Zap channel"

GRD guydekess at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 00:44:17 MST 2005

Hello,
I cannot make any call with my new quadBRI card from Junghanns.net in my asterisk box.

My asterisk box is built on Fedora Core 3 linux system. After compiling drivers from junghanns.net the card driver was loaded correctly with
- modprobe zaptel
- insmod qozap.ko ( as FC3 is running a 2.6 linux kernel)
- ztcfg -vvv ( shows 12 channels correctly configured and the 4 leds on the card were green : ISDN layer 1 was working)
- the 4 spans are configured in TE mode
- my ISDN provider is France Telecom
- i didn't make major changes in the zaptel.conf and zapata.conf files provided with the bri-stuff package downloaded from Junghanns.net  :

zaptel.conf :

loadzone=fr
defaultzone=fr
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
span=2,0,3,ccs,ami
span=3,0,3,ccs,ami
span=4,0,3,ccs,ami
bchan=1,2
dchan=3
bchan=4,5
dchan=6
bchan=7,8
dchan=9
bchan=10,11
dchan=12

zapata.conf

[channels]
;Default language
;language=en
switchtype = euroisdn
; p2mp TE mode (for connecting ISDN lines in point-to-multipoint mode)
signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
pridialplan = local
prilocaldialplan = local
echocancel = yes
context=from-pstn
group = 1
; S/T port 1
channel => 1-2
group = 2
; S/T port 2
channel => 4-5
group = 3
; S/T port 3
channel => 7-8
group = 4
; S/T port 4
channel => 10-11

extensions.conf
exten => _0.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})

But when trying to give a call, i'm always receiving " not able to open Zap channel" from my asterisk box ...

Am i using the right parameters for france telecom ?
Any help would be apreciated !

Thanks.