[Asterisk-Users] CAC Channel Bank I - FXS

Richard Cook richard at aspworld.com
Sun Jan 16 11:56:16 MST 2005

 > Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] CAC Channel Bank I - FXS
>
> On January 15, 2005 03:39 pm, richard at aspworld.com wrote:
> > I have a CAC Channel Bank I with FXS cards.  I've the system up and
> > running, with just 1 issue.
>
> > When I make an inbound call, Asterisk says "Zap/26 is ringing",
> > however, the phone never rings.  No lights are lit on the
> CAC during the calll.
>
> None at all, or just no change from idle?  If you pick up the
> line that you're ringing (but not hearing it ring), does it
> connect your call?

On idle, I have no lights on at all.  When the channel rings, no lights are
lit.  If I pick up the line while it's ringing, yes, it does connect my
call.

The only time a light is lit, is when I pick up the receiver -- it goes red
(in use -- outgoing).

> > Outbound call works no problem, and the CAC lights up correctly.
> > Any ideas what could be the problem?
>
> We could be of far more assistance if you posted the relevant
> bits from your zapata.conf and your zaptel.conf files...

Here is my zaptel.conf:

# span 1 = PRI
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
# span 2 = Channel Bank 1
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxols=25-48
# span 3 = Spare
span=3,0,0,esf,b8zs
# span 4 = Spare
span=4,0,0,esf,b8zs
#
unused=49-96

Here is my zapata.conf:

; Channel Bank - port 1 - Sivana/VocTel alarm
;
signalling=fxo_ls
context=internal
callerid=7054979051
channel=>25
;
; Channel Bank - port 2 - Sivana/VocTel Fax
;
signalling=fxo_ls
context=internal
callerid=7054979051
channel=>26

I'm trying to call channel 26 which is the fax line (with a handset plugged
in).

--
Richard Cook
richard at aspworld.com