[Asterisk-Users] Looking for help with a Polycom Soundpoint IP 600

Aryeh asterisk at aryeh.net
Sun Jan 16 09:19:07 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have a Polycom Soundpoint IP 600 that looks like it is fried. It either
has a bad or corrupt bootrom (I'm guessing).  It never gets to the prompt
that asks if I want to enter the setup configuration or continue booting.

When plugged into power,  it turns on, shows the Polycom logo for 3 seconds
and then pretty much goes dead with two red lights on.  The one in the top
right corner and the one in the top left (the line 1 red light).

Anyone have any clues as to what to do? I'm looking into finding a polycom
service center or reseller that is in or close to New York City. Anyone
know of any places that can simply connect up to the phone and reflash
the rom and firmware.  I'm guessing it's a 5 min fix with the right equipment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

aryeh