[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 one side loses audio

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Sun Jan 16 09:19:17 MST 2005

I'm experiencing a similar issue, but it's with IAX2 / IAX2 calls. I've
started to think that it's a router or something upstream. For me, if I
keep the call bridged through asterisk (notransfer=yes), after about a
minute of conversation, the called party can't hear the caller. I watched
the traffic coming out of asterisk using iptraf, and it doesn't seem to
change when they lose audio. It is really frustrating for us, as we've
already been having to work out issues with our ISP on their QoS settings.

Ron Senykoff
Systems Architect / Developer
HarrisLogic Inc.
972-215-0488 x 3020
312-404-8745 (cell)

             Trevor Peirce
             <tpeirce at digitalc
             on.ca>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/15/2005 06:28          [Asterisk-Users] IAX2 one side
             PM                        loses audio

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

It seems to never fail - after 3 to 5 minutes SIP -> IAX calls drop
audio on one side.   I place a call out through voipjet, and call
quality is flawless. However a few minutes later the person who I'm
talking to can no longer hear me.  I can still hear them.

What should I look for to resolve this?  Has anyone else had this problem?

Using last night's CVS this problem still exists.

Thanks,
Trevor Peirce
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: