[Asterisk-Users] failed to compile zaptel on redhat

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Sun Jan 16 05:17:21 MST 2005

<< then it looks like the does not have the full kernel sources installed>>

...or isn't running the 2.6 kernel.

I had the same problem with the CVS on Friday (but not from the week
before).  It turns out that moduleparam.h is included as part of a bug fix
on 2.6 but instead of being #ifdef'd for 2.6 and later, the inclusion was
absolute causing compilations of zaptel on earlier Linux kernels to fail.

The advice I received was:

The culprit is bugfix #3334, it is supposed to fix a 2.6 kernel issue
but ended up messing up Zaptel on 2.4.

I have edited:

pciradio.c tor2.c torisa.c wcfxo.c wct1xxp.c wct4xxp.c wctdm.c
wcte11xp.c zaptel.c ztdummy.c ztdynamic.c

and changed:

#include <linux/moduleparam.h>

to:

#ifdef LINUX26