[Asterisk-Users] TDM04B vs Dell revisited

Ronan Mullally ronan at iol.ie
Sat Jan 15 11:34:50 MST 2005

On Jan 13, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Michael Swan wrote:

> A week or so ago I wrote about the problems I was having using a Digium
> TDM04B card in a Dell PowerEdge 750 IU running Fedora Core 1. Digium
> steadfastly indicates their card won't work in any PowerEdge 650, 700
> and 750 series machines "do (sic) to a failure in interrupt handling
> between the pci bus and the card."
>
> My question to the list is: for those of you using a TDM04B card, can you
> recommend a vendor/model of hardware to replace the Dell? I need it to
> be rack-mountable and, of course, to work well with *, preferably on FC
> 1.

I saw this whilst booting my 2.6 machine yesterday - might be of use:

  PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
  ** PCI interrupts are no longer routed automatically.  If this
  ** causes a device to stop working, it is probably because the
  ** driver failed to call pci_enable_device().  As a temporary
  ** workaround, the "pci=routeirq" argument restores the old
  ** behavior.  If this argument makes the device work again,
  ** please email the output of "lspci" to bjorn.helgaas at hp.com
  ** so I can fix the driver.

-Ronan