[Asterisk-Users] Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'

VenkataRao Chimata chimata_venkat at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jan 15 10:29:42 MST 2005

Hi friends

 I recently bought an X100P card and fixed it to my
PC.
I connected one port to an analog phone and the
other(the port which is supposed to be connected to
the telephone network) is left unconnected to anyone.
When tried to make a call from asterisk command prompt
to the phone I am getting the following error.

 -- Executing Dial("ALSA/default", "Zap/1|20") in new
stack
Jan 15 18:28:45 NOTICE[1152795712]: app_dial.c:714
dial_exec: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time

When I typed zttool the card X100P is not listed.
Instead X101P is listed. Why I am getting this with an
X100p card.(I dont have X101P card)

I have the following in my configuration files.

zaptel.conf

fxsls=1
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

zapatal.conf

[channels]
;
;
;
busydetect=yes
;
busycount=7
;
;
;
relaxdtmf=yes
;
callwaiting=yes
;
callwaitingcallerid=yes
;
threewaycalling=yes
;
transfer=yes
;
cancallforward=yes
;
;
;
usecallerid=yes
;
;
;
echocancel=yes
;
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
;
;
;
rxgain=0.0
;
txgain=0.0
;
;
;
group=1
;
pickupgroup=1
;
;
;
immediate=no
;
context=default
;
;
;
signalling=fxs_ls
;
callerid=asreceived
;
channel => 1

extensions.conf

[default]

exten => 5454,1,Dial(Zap/1,20)

 Some more information
--------------------------

1.   From the linux command line, I typed lspci and
got some message like "Tiger Jet"

2. the device is assigned an unique IRQ by the
proecessor.

3. wcfxo and zaptel are loaded properly.

4. chan_zap.so is loaded well when asterisk program is
executed.

Please help me.
I am trying with this for the last few days.
But I couldn't get any solution.
Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Regards