[Asterisk-Users] configuring ser for *

Ashling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Sat Jan 15 08:39:38 MST 2005

Hi,

I currently have Asterisk running behind a linux router running nat.
Clients register with the public address and when the sip requests
reach the router, port forwarding is used to divert the traffic to *
i.e. all sip and rtp go to the asterisk box.

I now want to set up ser (so that i can have sip client with urls and
also to prevent the rtp stream going through asterisk). SER will also
be behind the nat router.

My plan is to set up port forwarding at the router forwarding all sip
traffic to the ser pc. I though there might be some way from there to
contact asterisk if needed by modifying the ser.cfg script.

I'd really appreciate if somebody can let me know how I should modify
the scripts (in asterisk and ser) and also whether this is going to
be a big underatking with regard to setting up stun for nat traversal
etc. I have already looked at the "asterisk at large" site on the
wiki but there seems to be many ways (some more complex than others)
of doing this. I would like to be able to get it done in a few hours
(if possible!) as I'm being put under pressure from the powers that
be!.

Thanks in advance,
Aisling.

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.