[Asterisk-Users] Echo Training - how long

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Fri Jan 14 23:47:53 MST 2005

I have echo training set on in my zapata.conf file for a X101P card:
echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
echotraining = yes

Now, I know that echo cancellation is a black art, but I am finding that
at the beginning of a call bridged between a SIP channel and a Zap
channel the voice quality is poor to abysmal for the first few seconds,
but as the call progresses, esp after about 30 seconds, the call quality
becomes very acceptable.

Should echo training take that long?
Is it, in fact, echo training or some thing else?
Has any one got any guidance on ET other than what is in the wiki, which
I find to be very hard to follow?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;