[Asterisk-Users] Softphone for Linux recommendation

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Fri Jan 14 16:51:32 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 07:09, Adam Fineberg wrote:
> Howard Lowndes wrote:
>
> >Can anyone _recommend_ a downloadable OSS softphone that _works_ under
> >Linux and is compatible with Asterisk.
> >
> >So far I have tried kphone and linphone and had problems with both, and
> >I am still waiting to hear back from the X-Lite beta folks.
> >

> How about iaxcomm?
>
> http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/

I should have added SIP reqd.  I assume this only does IAX2 but I will
look at it.

I have almost got sflphone compiled only I have hit a missing file in
one of the library compiles along the way.

> Adam
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."