[Asterisk-Users] Strange CRCX

Leonardo Tramontina tramontina at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 13:22:51 MST 2005

Sirs,

I have the following situration:
1) AudioCodes Stretto 2000 media gateway running MGCP
2) E1 Digium card at a PC with Asterisk
3) My application running as Call Agent (CA) from Stretto 2000

| My app |----------| Stretto 2000 |----------| E1 card + Asterisk |

As my application is the CA of Stretto 2000, everything it sends
(RSIPs, acks, etc.) my app answers. And everything I send, Stretto
answers.

At extensions.conf (Asterisk) I have the following number of my
softphone in another PC:
exten => 123456,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/1 at leonardo)

When my app sends CRCX to Stretto, it answers with a "200
<transaction_id> OK, with session description", but the channel on the
E1 card is not occuped and the softphone doesn't ring. I was observing
the Asterisk debug screen, but nothing happens. It seems the
connection doesn't leave the Stretto 2000. Is it possible the media
gateway answer to the CA that created a connection, but doesn't make
the call?? Or is this a parameter at media gateway that I must set
(something like change "loopback" mode to "normal" mode?)??
Does anyone has already faced some situation like this?? I don't know
what could be happening...
The create connection I send is:

CRCX <transaction_id> TS/trunk#0/$@stretto2k MGCP 1.0
C: 987654321
L: p:20
M: sendonly

a=dialed:111222
a=called:333444
a=dialing:123456

The last 3 lines I set with "the called number, the number to which
the call was delivered and the calling number" (RFC 3435). Other SDP
parameters different from "a=", Stretto 2000 doesn't allow me to set.

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo