[Asterisk-Users] Cisco VIP30

Ryan Laginski eulake at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:45:37 MST 2005

Hi,
I've never used those instructions, this is my skinny.conf, and I was
able to connect 3 12 sp+ (apparently the exact same as a VIP30 minus
the extra buttons) with different firmwares.

;
; Skinny Configuration for Asterisk
;
[general]
port = 2000             ; Port to bind to, default tcp/2000
bindaddr = 172.16.0.5   ; Address to bind to IMPORTANT, must be the ip
of asterisk, not 0.0.0.0
dateFormat = M-D-Y      ; M,D,Y in any order (5 chars max)
keepAlive = 120
callwaiting=no
allow = all
; disallow =

; Typical config for 12SP+
[somename]
device=SEP00D0BA847E6B ; change this to be your MAC of the phone, make
sure to keep SEP infront
version=P002F202        ; so the firrmware on this phone is 2.02, if
it was 2.04, put P002F204
callwaiting=no
context=home
callerid = "SomeName",<0000000001>;
line => 402             ; Dial(Skinny/120 at florian)

Next, plug in a phone, and press **
You should be able to program the ip address. For the TFTP server, put
in your asterisk machine.

If you need it to be dhcp:
Use the option "Next-Server"  with asterisk's ip in  your dhcpd.conf.
I also found by confirguring the phone manually, let it connect, then
change it back to dhcp, it will remember the asterisk ip.

Let me know if you have any problems.
-ry