[Asterisk-Users] Re: TE410P card in an HP-Compaq DL380 G4 server

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 10:56:08 MST 2005

In article <41E7AA02.1060104 at sineapps.com>,
Matt Riddell <matt.riddell at sineapps.com> wrote:
> Steve Hanselman wrote:
> > I'm assuming that other non Digium cards work in it, but yes, you're right.
> >
> > Has anybody run any other PCI cards in those slots under Linux and seen
> > interrupts from those cards?
>
> You'd be hard pressed to find a standard card requiring accurate
> interrupts 1000 times per second...

That's not the issue - the issue is: can another type of card in the
same slot raise an interrupt when it needs to?

I had the same problem of no interrupts from a TE405P in a 1U chassis
with a backplane. When we demonstrated that a standard LAN card was
also unable to generate an interrupt, the vendor accepted that it could
be a problem with their backplane, and came up with a hardware fix.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield