[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream Bugetone 101 & mwi

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Jan 14 08:25:46 MST 2005

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I tried to use message waiting indicator, by "Subscribe for MWI" in the
> web menu of the phone.
>
> However, it does not light up / flash, even if a voice mail is waiting.
>
> Where is the switch to turn it to?
>
> bye
>
> Ronald

I don't mean to be rude to everyone who responded to this question, but
I think that everyone is answering the wrong question. The point is that
the message waiting indicator doesn't light up, at all, ever. All that
happens when messages are waiting is that the display blinks and the
phone gives a stutter dialtone. That's it. There is no light under the
button - there should be, but there isn't. The "blinking" phone
designers should have put those stupid blinking red leds - that only
flash on boot up - under the message button and flashed the display
during boot up. But they didn't and we're stuck with it. Such is life.

Stephen R. Besch