[Asterisk-Users] handle_request registration failed?, Polycom IP500

w fm3 wfm3 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:24:15 MST 2005

Hi

I am just getting started with asterisk and trying out using the sample
files with a Polycom IP500 (latest sip.ld etc)

My question:
phone status says not registered:
/system status/server status "Line 1 poly is not registered"

console message says:
handle_request: Registration from '<sip:poly at 10.1.20.3>' failed for
'10.1.20.50'

I have tried dialing and receiving  (using a call file) to / from the sample
extension 1000 and that seems to work.

I have tried using both user and peer entries in sip.conf instead of a
single friend entry with the same result.

Any help appreciated. Hope it is something simple.

Thanks

Walt

--

where:

10.1.20.3 is asterisk
10.1.20.50 is the phone

----
sip.conf:

[polycom]
type=friend			; Friends place calls and receive calls
context=from-sip		; Context for incoming calls from this user
secret=blahpoly
host=dynamic		; This peer register with us
nat=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833		; Choices are inband, rfc2833, or info
username=poly			; Username to use in INVITE until peer registers
disallow=all
allow=ulaw                     ; dtmfmode=inband only works with ulaw or
alaw!
progressinband=no		; Polycom phones don't work properly with "never"
defaultip=10.1.20.50

----------
extensions.conf
exten => 1010,1,Dial(SIP/polycom,10,t)

----------
phone.cfg
<phone1>
<reg reg.1.displayName="" reg.1.address="poly" reg.1.label=""
reg.1.type="private" reg.1.auth.userId="poly"
reg.1.auth.password="blahpoly"/>
-
	<msg msg.bypassInstantMessage="1">
<mwi msg.mwi.1.subscribe="" msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
msg.mwi.1.callBack="1001"/>
</msg>
</phone1>