[Asterisk-Users] sporadic beeps spa3k-*

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jan 14 04:58:30 MST 2005

> freebsd quite current
> ports tree 1.01 asterisk
> spa3k at 2.0.11(GWg)
>
> for calls in from the pstn side of an spa3k to asterisk, i get
> sporadic short beeps.  they are not related to sip re-reg time,
> which is all that has occurred to me so far.
>
> calls in from the fxs side of the spa3k and out through nufone
> do not exhibit the beeps.  calls from the fxs side of the spa3k
> out the fxo side do have the beeps.
>
> nothing googling the wiki or the net.
>
> clues solicited

I've heard the same thing on two different spa3k's running the same
firmware. For me its rather infrequent, but is noticable. Best guess
is the spa3k is detecting certain voices as tones and trying to do
something. No clue why or what to do to avoid it.

My first spa3k is about six months old and has gone through about
four firmware versions. I swapped it with another new one to see if
it was hardware specific; it was not. Don't know anything more than
that.