[Asterisk-Users] How to set asterisk NOT to answer incoming lines?

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Thu Jan 13 20:45:58 MST 2005

I have a small * install for my home office.  I have three pots lines into
the house.  One line incoming is the house phone.  One line incoming is the
business line.  The third line is connected to the fax machine(which is NOT
used much.  One fax a day is a busy fax day).  I programmed * to use the fax
line as the first outgoing line.  So I don't want * to answer the fax line,
but it is always answered on the first ring by the fax machine.

I put the zap channel for the fax line in the context outonly and put this
in extensions.conf.  Works fine here.

[outonly]
exten => s,1,Wait,20 ; setup for fax line to stop ringing
exten => s,2,Hangup

Lyle