[Asterisk-Users] How to present a dialtone to a dial-in user?

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Thu Jan 13 19:43:53 MST 2005

Is there a dialtone recording?

I'm thinking :
exten => s,1,background(dial-tone-recording)
exten => s,2,goto(,s,1)

I have not tested this, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. The only
problem would be the lack of a timeout (and possibly a small challenge
getting a recording of an appropriate dial tone).

Or, you could have a recording that was the length you wanted before
going to timeout.

Just brainstorming here, so any reasonably civilized feedback is
welcome.