[Asterisk-Users] How to set asterisk NOT to answer incoming lines?

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 11:18:32 MST 2005

> How do I set asterisk not to answer incoming PSTN POTS calls? I want to
> be able to use the line for outgoing calls only.
In the conext calls come in on, send them to a do-nothing extension

[incoming-PSTN]
exten => Goto(do-nothing,s,1)

[do-nothing]
exten => s,1,AbsoluteTimeout(0)
exten => s,2,NoOp("doing nothing: call came if with flag set to noanswer")
exten => s,3,Wait(70)
exten => t,1,Hangup

The reason for the extra context is so you can easily change the GoTo
to some test stuff someday. Otherwise, just use do-nothing as incoming
context.

I know this works because we used it in our business when the regular
phones were connected