[Asterisk-Users] Manager API !!!!!!!!!

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Thu Jan 13 10:51:02 MST 2005

<< Has anyone had any success with the Manager API ?>>

Yes, lots of success.  I think we found that tracking the status of an
extension is the most reliable way to monitor extension state.  We do issue
a PeerStatus request at the beginning but that's pretty time and resource
intensive.  Since the Manager is going issue status events anyway, we
monitor them and save the resources.

<< The second is anyone know what ActionID is ?>>

Yes, ActionID is a value you can use when issuing a command.  It there so
that you can be sure you respond to your own responses not to someone else's
or that you respond to an response instance in the correct way.  In a
multi-threaded app you might have several actions outstanding so you will
need to know what response corresponds to which command.

Bill Seddon