[Asterisk-Users] How to set asterisk NOT to answer incoming lines?

Patrick Lidstone (Personal e-mail) patrick at lidstone.net
Thu Jan 13 09:08:40 MST 2005

"Kelly Griffin" <kelly.griffin at tantella.com> wrote:

> Depending on what you have the context of this setup for in your
> zapata.conf, don't have the following statement in that
> section of your
> extensions.conf.
>
> exten => s,1,Answer
>
> or
>
> whatever the CID of this FXO port is as in
>
> exten => 4792739992,1,Answer

> How do I set asterisk not to answer incoming PSTN POTS calls?
> I want to
> be able to use the line for outgoing calls only.

I don't think Kelly's response is correct, at least for TDM FXO boards.
I could not find a way of preventing the FXO board grabbing the line
when it rang, and subsequent enquiries on this list at the time
suggested that it wasn't actually possible - which is a pity, as it
means it is impossible to piggy back Asterisk on a POTS line with other
auto-answering equipment (e.g. data collection terminals).

Patrick