[Asterisk-Users] spandsp on FC3

Stefan Märkle stefan.maerkle at netpioneer.de
Thu Jan 13 01:33:40 MST 2005

"Nathan C. Smith" <smith at ipmvs.com> wrote:

> If I start Asterisk from the command line
> (usually, asterisk -c or asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvcp ) I can
> receive faxes and mailtofax sends them to me OK.  If I start
> the asterisk service (service asterisk start) that uses
> safe_asterisk, faxes appear to be received, but what actually
> gets sent to me is about a postage stamp PDF or in some cases
> the PDF just has errors "open file error".
> I'm guessing this
> is a timing or processor type issue but I'm not sure what the
> big difference is.

Hi Nathan,

my tip would be file permissions or paths mangled. Does your service script run as the same user as when you try starting in a normal shell? Check permissions on the spool dir, perhaps make it world-writeable and retry as a first test, if that works you can narrow problems down.

Just my 2 cents

Stefan Märkle