[Asterisk-Users] Registration of SIP

David Norton asterisk at tsol.co.za
Thu Jan 13 01:22:52 MST 2005

Hi,

I am getting this problem when trying to register with Voipfone.co.uk. It
used to work, and I haven't changed anything that I know of.

Jan 13 10:22:37 WARNING[21645]: acl.c:213 ast_get_ip_or_srv: Unable to
lookup 'voipfone.co.uk.voipfone.co.uk'

Why does the domain name appear twice? I don't know when it stopped working.

In SIP.CONF
[sip_proxy-out]
type=peer                       ; we only want to call out, not be called
secret=xxx
username=xxx               ; Authentication user for outbound proxies
fromuser=xxx               ; Many SIP providers require this!
host=voipfone.co.uk
context=inter-voipcouk