[Asterisk-Users] Looking for a wireless phone... wifi or traditional wireless ?

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Jan 12 22:01:41 MST 2005

I don't know why people keep making the statement about range with wifi
versus a cordless phone.  I can easily get a good wifi signal when I'm
over at my neighbors but can't get reception with our cordless (2.4GHz)
phone.  (Both receivers are at home...)  It seems to me that the wifi
range is at least as good as the phone range if not better.

Thanks for the tip on the SIP phones.

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 18:53 -1000, James H. Thompson wrote:
> Uniden and Vtech both just announced cordless phones with SIP ATAs
> built into the base station.
> You get better range and battery life compared to a WiFi phone.
>
> Jim
>
> James H. Thompson
> jht at lj.net

Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.